February 27th, 2023
If you're considering switching employment background screening providers, you're not alone. In fact, according to recent reports, between 35-45% % of businesses are dissatisfied with their current provider. That's a lot of unhappy customers!
If you're thinking of making a switch, there are some important questions you should ask first. Here are 8 of the most important questions to ask when switching employment background screening providers.
1. Are they PBSA Accredited and SOC 2 Compliant?
2. What types of background checks does the provider offer, and how do these align with the employer's needs? Does the provider offer criminal record checks, credit checks, employment verification, or other types of checks?
3. Does the provider assist with the Pre-Adverse Action process? Is it free?
4. What is the provider's turnaround time for background checks? How long does it typically take for the provider to complete a background check and provide the employer with the results?
5. What is the provider's compliance record? Have they ever been fined or penalized for non-compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) or other relevant laws and regulations?
6. What is the provider's customer service and support like? Is there a dedicated customer service team available to assist employers with any questions or issues that may arise during the background check process? How many different channels do they provide?
7. What is the provider's pricing and pricing model? How do they charge for their services, and are there any additional fees or charges that the employer should be aware of?
8. What is the provider's contract and cancellation policy? What is the length of the contract, and can the employer cancel the contract if they are not satisfied with the provider's services?
Making the decision to switch employment background screening providers is not one to be taken lightly. We at ClearChecks work incredibly hard to deliver value on each of the questions in the list versus all of our competitors, irrespective of size. We will get into our value proposition on each point above in our blog. If you wish to speak with us about our service offerings, reach out!
Sales@clearchecks.com or 800-942-1366 ext 2
ClearChecks vs Accurate
ClearChecks vs Certn
ClearChecks vs Checkr
ClearChecks vs First Advantage
ClearChecks vs GoodHIre
ClearChecks vs HireRight
ClearChecks vs Sterling