treats information collected or provided in connection with an end user’s (“you” or “user”) use of the website located at
https://www.ClearChecks.com (the “Site”). Please note that your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of this Policy.
Note: We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Site is not directed at children under 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Site and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing address at the end of this Policy and we will work to delete that Site account and any such personally identifiable information.
1. EFFECTIVE DATE; CHANGES
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above. We will treat your continued use of the Site following such change as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED ON SITE
As part of using the Site as an employer, you may provide us with certain information regarding your use of ClearChecks’ pre-employment background check. When creating an account with ClearChecks, this information may include your name, email address, a custom password. If you are an employer, we may also collect your employer identification number, phone number and other contact information. We may also collect certain payment information when you use the background check service, including credit card and/or bank account information and billing address. All such information is referred to in this Policy as “submitted information.” References to submitted information in this Policy shall not include background check information (as described in the next paragraph).
Background Check Information
Conducting a background check through the Site requires provision of personally identifiable information of the prospective employees or consultants who is the subject of the background check (“Applicants”) including, but not limited to, full name, e-mail address, Social Security Number, date of birth and phone number. This information is referred to in this Policy as “background check information.” If you want us to delete any background check information you have provided to us, please contact us at legal@ClearChecks.com.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use the Site, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with your user account. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Site, as well as server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website. This information, which does not include Background Check Information, is referred to in this Policy as “collected information.”
3. USE & DISCLOSURE OF SITE INFORMATION
- We internally use the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We will use background check information as is reasonably necessary in order to conduct a background check.
- We may use submitted information in order to contact you regarding your use of the Site and our background check service.
- We will otherwise use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the submitted information including, for example, to create and maintain a Site account for you or to respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Site to you.
- If you are an employer, we may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Site.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Site in order to help us improve the Site and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, in connection with disputes between you and another user or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Site.
- We use and disclose the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We may provide third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third-party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- We use third-party service providers to assist us in conducting background checks. Such third party service providers shall receive background check information from us for such purpose.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of ClearChecks, our users and third parties.
- We may disclose information to our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
4. THIRD PARTIES
The Site may contain links to third party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties. Note that we will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
5. TRACKING AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Like many websites, the Site does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers. But you can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer’s hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. When you visit the Site, the following third parties will collect non-personally identifiable information regarding your usage of the Site for the stated purposes:
Google, Inc. We use the Google Analytics Service for purposes of analyzing usage of the Site. You can find more information about Google privacy practices at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. When you enter sensitive personally identifiable information, such as your Social Security Number, we encrypt the transmission of that information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION.
7. TRANSFER AS CORPORATE ASSET
In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving ClearChecks, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at legal@ClearChecks.com or at:
Clear Screening Technologies, LLC.
Attn: Privacy Questions
5190 S University Blvd, C-18; #336
Greenwood Village, CO 80121